FOVEA: downloadable fossil data
The data presented above are freely downloadable. They are to be used for pedagogy or research purposes. In particular, any commercial use is strictly forbidden.
The following mention must be associated to any use of these data: "Image title - data downloaded from the FOVEA Project site: foveaproject.free.fr".
3D image: la Chapelle-aux-Saints skull
This Homo neanderthalensis fossil skull, discovered in 1908 in La Chapelle-aux-Saints, France was the most complete Neandertal skull found at the time. This cranium is representative of many fossil remains of Neandertalians found throughout present-day Europe (image from the site http://www.neandertal-musee.org/pagesfr/accueilf.html).
• Description: CT-Scan of a cast of the Chapelle-aux-Saints cranium.
• File size : 14,214,943 bytes (uncompress = 35,913,984 bytes).
• File format: Inrimage (see the Software item).
• Size of the 3D image: 274 slices of 256 x 256 pixels.
• Voxel resolution: 0.976562mm x 0.976562mm x 0,625mm.
Click on this line to download the file chapelle.zip (14,214,943 bytes).